[QE-users] How to Obtain External Parameters calculated through Self-Consistency calculations

Fabrizio Ferrari Ruffino faferrar at sissa.it
Thu Mar 9 18:34:53 CET 2023

Hello,
I am not sure what you mean with self-consistent calculated parameters.
The ones you see in xc-infos.x are the default values of the libxc-functional external parameters, as you said. Maybe you mean that some of these parameters can be 'iteration dependent'? Can you point the equations in the paper you refer to?
However, in general, QE always assumes the default values for the Libxc external parameters (with a few exceptions for hybrid parameters starting from the next release). If you want to change these values, you need to work a bit on the code and enforce them by using the subroutine 'set_libxc_ext_param' in XClib.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

CNR-IOM