[QE-users] I'm confused about how to use PBE0

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Wed Mar 1 23:02:20 CET 2023

Dear Malika,

the Fock exchange (also known as exact exchange) included in PBE0 is
very computationally intensive, it is unlikely that you'll be able to
run it on a laptop.

kind regards

On 01/03/2023 22:30, Battal Malika wrote:
> Hello,
> I noticed that bandgap of ZnO is underestimated when using GGA. It
> seems like PBE0 is the most accurate methode in my case to find a
> value close to the experimental one. Neverthless I don't know how to
> use it and how much time i'll need to run it in a laptop with 8
> processors.
> Can you please clarify my doubts?

> Malika battal
> student - Qatar University

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05