[QE-users] [SPAM] Calculation of static dielectric tensor

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Sat Jun 3 10:37:37 CEST 2023

The static dielectric matrix is computed by the phonon (ph.x) code, with option epsil=.true., you can set trans=.false. if you want to avoid computing also the phonons.

The epsil.x code computes the dynamical dielectric matrix (with a sum over empty states if I remember correctly). It should match the other in the low energy limit.

Hth