[QE-users] How to grnrrate complete q-points from the reduced number of q-points by ph.x executable

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Mon Jan 30 12:38:47 CET 2023

On 1/30/23 05:46, SPPU/05097P/2021 OYOMO BILL C wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> When I run ph. x, it generates 4 q-points, and in the output, I have
> only dyn0, dyn1, dyn3 and dyn4. My request is to suggest a way to go
> out of this problem so that I can obtain all complete 8 q-points from
> the reduced number of q-points. How do I use the  q2qstqr.x executable
> to do this?

In a normal phonon calculation, all the points are generated. Each
dynamical matrix file contains all the q-point that form a star (i.e.
more than one, just scroll down). Using q2qstar is only necessary if for
some reason you only have one q-point, in this case the syntax is

q2qstar.x dynfile

hth

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05