[QE-users] 3d-rho resolution

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Jan 10 10:17:54 CET 2023

Dear Alexandra,

You always get the same result because output_format = 6 (cube file)
just dumps the density on the FFT grid, which depends on the ecutrho in
pw.x input file.

This implies you have three options:

either
1. recipe of Giuseppe via nr1, nr2, nr3 with pw.x + pp.x sequence
or
2. stepwise increase ecutrho and run pw.x + pp.x sequence
or
3. use output_format = 3 (XSF file, slow option with user supplied 3D region)

Note that option 3 is very slow; options 1 & 2 are faster.

Rest regards,
Tone
--
Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia