[QE-users] Using self-consistent occupation matrices in DFT+U

Mpayami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Sun Jan 8 16:23:43 CET 2023

Dear All,

I pose the question of my last post in another way:

In a DFT+U scheme, I do a vc-relax calculation with an input in which I had set the values for starting_ns_eigenvalue().
In a certain case, the last scf on top of BFGS optimization gives reasonable results. Sometime ago Dr Iurii Timrov pointed out that the last scf uses the self-consistent occupation matrices resulted from last step of BFGS optimization.
Now I would like to repeat the last scf manually, what the code automatically executes. To this end, I use ibrav=0, and insert the CELL_PARAMETERS as well as the ATOMIC_POSITIONS form the "final coordinates" in vc-relax. In addition, for the "occupation" I specify occupations='from_input' as stated in the DOC. Unfortunately, I get SEGMENTATION FAULT error.
Could anybody please help to manage this issue?

Best regards,
Mahmoud Payami

NSTRI, AEOI, IRAN
mpayami at aeoi.org.ir