[QE-users] using Hybrid functional in QE

Abdeslam Houari habdslam at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 8 10:57:09 CET 2023

When you use "input_dft", this automatically overwrite the xc-functional of the PP (this is well explained in the PWscf manuel). As far as I understood (we discussed this few weeks ago in the forum), whatever the PP you are using, the "input_dft" will run hybrid calculation according to it's functional definition and discard the PP (For example PBE0: 1/4 EXX and (3/4 E_X + E_C) at the PBE level). If that's true, this means that you can use any PP.
I hope this is helpful

Department of physics, Theoretical Physics Laboratory
University of Bejaia-06000. Algeria.
E-mail: abdeslam.houari at univ-bejaia.dz & habdslam at yahoo.fr
https://sites.google.com/site/houariabdeslam/homepage