[QE-users] Why my Hubbard parameter is so much bigger than what I find in the litterature?

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Tue Feb 28 12:18:50 CET 2023

Dear Salma,

hard to say without knowing which material and atomic species you're
dealing with. Generally speaking, if people expect a 5-6 eV U and you find
more than 3 times more, I would suspect that an error is somwhere in the
simulations.
You should certainly check whether you used appropriate calculation
parameters, e.g. BZ sampling, cutoff(s), and so on.

Giovanni
--

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN