[QE-users] Restarting MD calculation from previous interrupted run

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sat Feb 11 11:06:24 CET 2023

You can restart from an interrupted MD run, but
- your previous run must have been cleanly stopped, e.g., using input
option "max_seconds", not just crashing when the time limit was
exceeded, and
- you have to set the input option "restart_mode" to 'restart'

Paolo

On 11/02/2023 05:38, SPPU/05097P/2021 OYOMO BILL C wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have tried restarting an MD calculations from previous run after it
> stopped due to the exceeded wall time but the calculation starts from
> scratch. So my question is, can MD calculations be restarted from
> previous runs? if not what are the internal parallelization settings in
> qe input file to speed up the calculation and finish within the 48 hrs
> wall time specified. I have attached the input file and the submission
> script used to submit the calculation on psc.
> Kind Regards.

Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine Italy, +39-0432-558216