[QE-users] How to determine the ei(i) and x0(i)

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Wed Feb 1 14:33:59 CET 2023

> I already based with PP/examples/ but I didn't understand how they set
> ei(i) and x0(I) and nx and nx parameter on example01 and example03.

Dear Imane, these option allow you to do a plot in the plane (aka
rectangle) that has as four vertices

x0

x0+e1

x0+e2

x0+e1+e2

You have to choose it to be parallel to the surface and at a certain
distance from it, depending on the STM characteristics. I guess there
could be more information on how to choose this distance in the paper.

regards

> Best regards.
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05