[QE-users] libxc needed for this functional - QE bulid with libxc

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Tue Dec 19 14:20:30 CET 2023

> gnu on Linux
>
> ifort on Linux

I've used both these configurations with any version of qe since at
least 3.0 and up to the current git version.  Using intel mpi and/or
openmpi, on my desktop PC, and three or four different computing
centers. With no particular issues.

> with different MPI implementation ...
>

> I had just recently checked, the issue was not handled in 7.2 source code ....
>

> QE simply compiles OK and than crashes during any MPI run (as well as in MP run) ...
>
> Only single threads builds works OK ...
Using QE is not compulsory, but let's try to keep the noise/signal ratio
to a reasonable amount.

kind regards

> I can write the crash report with details at the begging of the next year (out of office for next 2 weeks) ....
>

> Michal Husak
>
> UCT Prague

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05