[QE-users] Error while performing Phonon calculations

Lawan, Mukhtar mukhtar.lawan at mpsd.mpg.de
Mon Dec 18 16:06:38 CET 2023

Dear Paolo and other QE Users,

I followed your suggestions with regard to the previous email and attempted to rerun the calculations with more symmetric atomic positions, but unfortunately, the error persists. Intriguingly, when I calculated the phonons at the gamma point, there was no error encountered.

In my pursuit of a solution, I came across a suggestion online (https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg33029.html) to modify the file PW/src/wsweight.f90. Specifically, I tried changing the value of the parameter nx from 2 to 3, and also experimented with increasing eps to 1.d-5. Despite these attempts, the error persists.

I am reaching out to inquire if there are any other suggestions or potential solutions you might recommend. I would be very grateful for any further insights you could provide.

Thank you once again for your time and support.

Best regards,

Mukhtar

Doctoral Student at the Theory group of Prof. Dr. Angel Rubio,
Max Planck Institute for Structure and Dynamics of Matter,
Luruper Chaussee 149, 22761 Hamburg, Germany