[QE-users] Projected band structure

Lorenzo Sponza lorenzo.sponza at onera.fr
Fri Dec 1 09:55:58 CET 2023

Dear Mina,

The first thing to do is to make a bandstructure calculation as usual,
being careful that the disk_io variable is at least set to its default
value 'medium' (probably 'low' will work too, but I haven't tried). In
fact you need QE to access wavefunctions for the projection.

Once the band structure calculation is over, you post-process the output
with projwfc.x. The outdir and prefix variables must be set as in the
previous calculation in order to access the wavefunctions. Pay attention
in setting the variable kresolvedddos = .TRUE.

You may play with the other parameters. I usually set

ngauss = 0

degauss = 0.036748

DeltaE = 0.01

and that's it.

At the end of the projwfc.x run, basically you have all the information.
Then it's just a matter of rearranging the data. You can use the script
'projwfc_to_bands.awk' that you can find here :
https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/tree/develop/PP/examples/projected_bands_example
. Personally I find handy to use a home-made python script that wraps
the .awk and re-writes the output in a more convenient way for me. I'm
not sure I can append it to this response. In case you want it, just
contact me privately.

Hope that has been useful.

Best regards

--

Dr. Lorenzo Sponza
Chargé de Recherche au CNRS

Le 2023-12-01 06:23, Mina Hemati via users a écrit :

> Dear all
> I would like to calculate projected band structure. could you please
> guide me regarding this?
>
> Best regards
> Mina
> PHD of solid state physics
> Iran University of science and technology.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.max-centre.eu