[QE-users] difference between the internal PBE and the libxc one

Fabrizio Ferrari Ruffino faferrar at sissa.it
Fri Aug 11 10:35:57 CEST 2023

Hello,
there is a bug in QE version 7.2 for exchange_only functionals in libxc, that has been fixed in the develop version.
If you do not want to download the develop branch, tou just have to add the two following lines:

  *   xcoef=1.d0
  *   if (ishybrid .and. exx_started .and. exx_fraction>0.d0) xcoef=1.d0-exx_fraction

at line 355 of XClib/xc_wrapper_gga.f90 and then recompile.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

CNR IOM