[QE-users] Negative frequencies for phonon dispersion in Bilayer MoS2

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Fri Aug 4 13:00:36 CEST 2023

If the coordinates of the atoms are correct for the bilayer, you just need to add vacuum by adding 15 to 20 Ang to the c value.

Cheers,
Vahid

Vahid Askarpour
Department of Physics
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS
CANADA

On Aug 4, 2023, at 7:08 AM, Giuseppe Scala <g.scala2 at campus.unimib.it> wrote:

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.
The c parameter is set in that way in order to have 10 angstrom vacuum between two sets of Bilayer in my structure. If I reduce the c parameter i think that my system won't be a Bilayer anymore. Is that line of reasoning wrong?