[QE-users] Query regarding ecutfock

Lorenzo Bastonero lbastone at uni-bremen.de
Wed Apr 12 14:52:41 CEST 2023

Dear Arini,

As a final remark, this is what experience tells us, but remember that proper testing should be directly performed on the desired property with a desired accuracy.
This means that a better practice could be e.g. to test  ``ecutfock`` on phonon frequencies at Gamma (i.e. only displacements in UNITCELL). This already gives a better idea of convergence, while still not going for expensive supercells.

If you are interested in more details, I’d suggest you the following paper, which I found particularly instructive: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41524-018-0127-2 <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41524-018-0127-2>

Bests,
Lorenzo

********************************
Lorenzo Bastonero

PhD Student
U Bremen Excellence Chair,
Bremen Center for Computational Materials Science,
and MAPEX Center for Materials and Processes

University of Bremen
Faculty of Production Engineering
TAB-Building, Room 3.32
Am Fallturm 1