[QE-users] restart of 'relax' after crash ?

Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD. miroslav.ilias at umb.sk
Sun Sep 25 23:07:21 CEST 2022

Thanks, this works !

I found my PREFIX.save/ files are ok, and QE got restarted from them.

It seems to me that a crash during SCF step does not hurt PREFIX.save/* files as - my humble observation - these are generated after the finished  scf step. (Correct me, if I am wrong).

One can even check the data-file-schema.xml text file manually. The other file,  charge-density.dat, is binary, it is more difficult to check it.  Isn't  there a utility  for that  ?

Only wave function file(s) are not present, but this  should not a big problem for restart, right ?

And this is what I see in the QE output in the successful restart:

    Atomic positions and unit cell read from directory:
     /lustre/ukt/milias/scratch/QEjob.long.N4.n240.jid66468015/qe.save/
     Atomic positions from file used, from input discarded

     The initial density is read from file :
     /lustre/ukt/milias/scratch/QEjob.long.N4.n240.jid66468015/qe.save/charge-density

    Cannot read wfcs: file not found

Best, Miro