[QE-users] Fixing of positions of axis in 2-d materials

Marcelo Falcão de Oliveira marcelo.falcao at usp.br
Mon Sep 19 15:21:50 CEST 2022

Dear Singh,

   I would not fix Z since you could have a kind of zig-zag bonding in your
sheet (I don't actually know how your structure is...), instead I would fix
just one atom in the space of the supercell, by putting 0 0 0 in front of
its coordinates (see if_pos(1), if_pos(2), if_pos(3) in the manual of pw.x).

Best regards,

Em seg., 19 de set. de 2022 às 10:08, naval singh via users <
users at lists.quantum-espresso.org> escreveu:

> Hello all,
> i am working on 2 D sheet and i was confused about one thing that whether
> one should fix the z -coordinate doing relaxation(not vc-relaxation ) for
> calculation , and in which conditions do we fix the positions except for
> slab model

Marcelo Falcão de Oliveira
Professor Associado
Departamento de Engenharia de Materiais
EESC - USP
Av. João Dagnone, 1100,  Jd. Sta Angelina
CEP: 13563-120, São Carlos - SP - Brasil
e-mail: marcelo.falcao at usp.br
Fone: (16) 3373-9583
Fax: (16) 3373-9590
Agenda: