[QE-users] Post processing for cp.x code in quantum espresso

Giovanni La Penna giovanni.lapenna at cnr.it
Wed Sep 14 14:08:36 CEST 2022

Dear Jayraj Anadani,

One easy way is to read the animated x-crysden format with VMD,
then write coordinates into CHARMM DCD format, finally use
Gromacs analysis tools or LAMMPS compute commands
(rerun with molfile package). Or VMD itself.
Check results to correctly handle periodic boundary conditions.
If the system is large, conversion must be done in segments
of trjactories, because VMD keeps the whole trajectory
in memory.
Below a simple VMD script, to run with "vmd -dispdev text -e file.vmd":

#!/usr/local/bin/vmd
# VMD script written by save_state : 1.47 $
# VMD version: 1.9.2
set path "./"
set path1 "./"
set inputname "md50K"

mol new $path/$inputname.axsf type xsf first 0 last -1 step 1 filebonds 1 autobonds 1 waitfor all
#eventual trajectory to load into topology previously read:
#mol addfile $path1/$inputname1.axsf type xsf first 0 last -1 step 1 filebonds 1 autobonds 1 waitfor all
set sel [atomselect top {all}]
animate write dcd $path1/$inputname.dcd sel $sel beg 1 end -1
exit

Best,
      Giovanni La Penna

National research council of Italy
Institute of chemistry of organometallic compounds
via Madonna del Piano 10, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI), Italy
http://sites.google.com/view/wwwgiovannilapennait