[QE-users] the band structure of Au(111)

BARRETEAU Cyrille cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Sat Oct 15 12:44:56 CEST 2022

Hi Imane

I guess what you mean is that you see two surface states?
This is just because you have a slab with 2 surfaces hence you double the number of surface states! And since your slab is very thin the states interacts and split..
In Au(111) the Shockley states are in fact very much delocalized and you need many layers to describe them correctly..

Cyrille

Cea Saclay
SPEC
Gif sur Yvette France