[QE-users] Last SCF step of a vc-relax job in DFT+U

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Wed Nov 30 21:19:52 CET 2022

I found the following statement in release-notes:

New in 6.7 version:
  * In vc-relax with Hubbard corrections, the final SCF calculation is done
by
    reading atomic occupations from file produced during the vc-relax
    (rather than recomputing them from scratch).

What are the advantages of this choice? Does it inform about possible
transition among metastable states?

Mahmoud