[QE-users] Problem in vc-relax calculation with Hubbard U in magnetic system

Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at tu-dresden.de
Sun Nov 27 16:43:23 CET 2022

Hi Iurii,

I'm working with Vivek on the structure - one question I would have is why is QE different from VASP? (and which solution is correct?)

In VASP the relaxation is not restricted and since both codes use more or less the same theory, the difference might come from some
details in the implementation of +U or from some things related to the pseudo. Do you have any feeling/idea if changing to a different
pseudo or something different concerning +U might influence the relaxation?

Kind regards

Thomas

--
Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme