[QE-users] SCF calculation with no convergence

BRUNA NÁDIA NEVES DA SILVA brunaneves at ice.ufjf.br
Tue Nov 22 14:39:21 CET 2022

Dear Prof. Marcelo,

Thank you for the help message. Interestingly, smearing helped in the
convergence, even using mixing_beta at default values.

Regarding the ecutrho: on the Input File Description site for pw.x, a
larger ecutrho is recommended for USPP (about 8x to 12x ecutwfc, I usually
put 10x ecutwfc). Although ecutrho for PAW-PP is often 4x ecutwfc, I'll do
convergence tests to better adjust this variable.
My first point is only to make sure that a single scf convergence is
obtained. Probably, in the vc-relax calculations, Na atoms in my structure
will be moved and other variables (such as smearing) will be analyzed again.

Kind regards,

Bruna
--
Dra. Bruna Nádia Neves da Silva
(ORCID: 0000-0002-8806-5903)

* www.ufjf.br/gfqsi <http://www.ufjf.br/gfqsi> Universidade Federal de Juiz
de Fora CEP 36036-330 Juiz de Fora - MG -Brasil*