[QE-users] QE installation error in version 7.1

pdelugas at sissa.it pdelugas at sissa.it
Wed Nov 16 09:08:40 CET 2022

Hello

It is complaining because the configure script does not find git
available in the system.

you just need to install it and the installation will work

If you are using the donwloaded package, in fact, you will  need git
only if you are need to download some optional libraries (e.g. for EPW
you need to dowload Wannier via git).

in this case you may edit

qe-7.1/install/m4/x_ac_qe_git.m4

and at line 7 replace