[QE-users] Regarding antiferromagnetic state energy calculation

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Mon Nov 7 13:14:03 CET 2022

Dear Dhilshada V N (please sign always your posts with your scientific
affiliation, too)

Ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic coupling is related to (at least)
two spin centers, e.g., two different metal ions. I suppose you want
to simulate high-spin and low-spin states of a single Fe atom instead.
If this is the case you should constrain the total magnetization of
the system using the variable tot_magnetization (look into the pw.x
manual for further information) to a suitable value for Fe in the
ferrocene complex.
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting "DHILSHADA V.N." <vndhilshada184 at gmail.com>:

> Sir
>
> I am Dhilshada V N , I am doing research in NIT Calicut.
> I am studying the ferrocene system.I am using Quantum Espresso for
> calculations. I want to calculate the ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic
> state energy of the system. It is possible to find the antiferromagnetic
> and ferromagnetic coupling properties between two Fe atoms by considering a
> supercell. But I need to calculate the FM and AFM state energies within one
> Fe atom. Could you please help me sir?
>
> Thanking you
>
> Dhilshada V N

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316