[QE-users] open_grid for epsilon.x

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Tue Nov 1 21:56:10 CET 2022

Hello Aleksandra,

if you do NOT use k-points parallelization (i.e. -k 1) simulating with
more k-points for a standard local functional will take longer, but
won't require more resources.

Furthermore, open_grid.x is really only convenient on top of a hybrid
functional calculation (pbe0, hse) calculation, which are much more
expensive and where the cost of adding more k-points increases
quadratically.

Finally, I think epsilon.x is in general a bit more expensive than pw.x,
and less well parallelized. If you cannot run the latter with the full
k-points grid, you probably won't be able to run the former either.

hth

On 29/10/2022 09:33, Aleksandra Oranskaia wrote:
> Dear users and developers,
>
> Did anybody succeed with the oped_grid.x code for LDA/GGA/vdw functionals?
>
> I want to use epsilon.x for a big system (for which I do not have
> enough computational resources to switch-off the symmetry for k-grid
> in scf calculation), I am trying open_grid.x and the code does not
> seem to work.
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Best wishes,
> Al., phd candidate in chemical sciences
> 'I.. a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe' (Richard P. Feynman)
> https://cpms.kaust.edu.sa/

> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended
> solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended
> recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me
> immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any
> unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the
> environment before printing this email.

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05