[QE-users] restarting the calculation

Lorenzo Bastonero lbastone at uni-bremen.de
Sun May 1 10:22:50 CEST 2022

Dear Alex,

What do you mean with higher precision? Decreasing the threshold of the self-consistent cycle (i.e. ‘conv_thr’ in the ‘ELECTRONS’ tag)?
In this case you can add in ‘ELECTRONS’ the flags:
startingpot=‘file’
startingwfc=‘file’

If you instead mean increasing the cutoff on wfc, I don’t think that you can restart, since the charge density and wfc are defined on a different grid.
On the other hand, if you just want to increase the kpoints grid, you can put just the first flag, and leave out the strartingwfc flag. That will work for sure (like doing an nscf).

Best wishes,
Lorenzo Bastonero