[QE-users] Defining C diamond structure cp.x

Michal Husak Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Tue Mar 1 10:13:55 CET 2022

Hi

As i had mentioned we intensively work on a graphical user interface
for QE targeted
primary on crystallographic data processing (CIF input)

This is in put for pw.x (not cp.x). I hope this is not a problem ...

Functional Diamond input file for QE generated by our code
CheckCif-DFT follows  ...
As you see:

No ibraw experiments necessary, QE automatically chose correct ibraw from the
space_group = 227
line ...

Only 1 atom position required:
ATOMIC_POSITIONS crystal_sg
C 0 0 0

This is I belive the  diamond description with should be preferred,
because it reflects you need to operate
only with 1 atom (everything else is space-group generated) ...

Please keep in mind QE will internally transform the F cell to P cell
(to speed up the calcluation)
and it doe snot transform the results back to the F cell ...
So e.g. lattice energy will be 4x less (P cell) thna in F cell ...

The input performs vc-relax lattice optimziation, please modifiy the
pseudo_dit and outdit to amke it working ...

###############################
## Generated by CheckCif-DFT ##
###############################

&CONTROL
   pseudo_dir = 'M:/MyProject/C#2017/Fnukal/bakalarka -
25.2.2022/CheckCif-DFT/CheckCif-DFT/bin/Debug/qe/pseudo/'
   outdir = 'M:/MyProject/C#2017/Fnukal/bakalarka -
25.2.2022/Examples/DIAMOND_AMS_DATA/out/'
   prefix = 'aiida'
   calculation = 'vc-relax'
   etot_conv_thr =   1.0000000000d-03
   forc_conv_thr =   1.0000000000d-02