[QE-users] vdW not implemented for nspin > 1 in QE 6.5

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Mon Jun 27 16:01:25 CEST 2022

It is not even a "problem". vdwdf stress and even vdwdf scf with
nspin=2 have been implemented only lately, after the publication of
PRL 115, 136402 (2015) for sure in the case of scf. The solution is to
update QE to a newer version, possibly the newest, as suggested by
Kazume. If you don't want to use it, you may try with
vdw_corr='grimme-d3', that is, a totally different implementation of
dispersion forces, with pros & cons and assuming you are aware of the
differences.
HTH
Giuseppe