[QE-users] Scripted use of kpoints.x

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sat Jun 18 20:53:50 CEST 2022

On 18/06/2022 07:07, Blair, Erik wrote:

> I want to use kpoints.x in a scripted manner. Is this possible?

it depends upon what you need by "scripted manner". kpoints.x is a
simple code that reads some data from standard input and produces some
data on output and in a data file. As long as this is all you need, yes,
it can be used in a script. If however you are looking for an
interactive or more fine-grained control over what kpoints.x does, you
have to modify the code or to interface it with a scripting language,
presumably.

Paolo

> I saw a post from Giovanni Cantele explaining to Rajender that it may be
> run interactively, but I want more automation.
>
> https://lists.quantum-espresso.org/pipermail/users/2019-July/043092.html
> <https://lists.quantum-espresso.org/pipermail/users/2019-July/043092.html>
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erik Blair

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222