[QE-users] [EXT] Error in installation of Environ module

Anson Thomas thomasanson53 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:52:08 CEST 2022

Dear Oliviero,

Thank you for the response. Although I do desire to use GPUs for my
calculations, as of now, I am only using GPUs.
I started off using the gfortran compiler already present on my system (GNU
Fortran (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44)). However, it was giving
many fatal errors and the setup finally came to an abrupt end. Part of the
output has been shown below:

Pre-compiling QE...

mpif-sizeof.h:66.41:
    Included at mpif.h:63:
    Included at xclib_utils_and_para.f90:21:

      CHARACTER, DIMENSION(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,*)::x
                                         1
Error: Array specification at (1) has more than 7 dimensions
mpif-sizeof.h:72.41:
    Included at mpif.h:63:
    Included at xclib_utils_and_para.f90:21:

      CHARACTER, DIMENSION(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,*)::x
                                         1
Error: Array specification at (1) has more than 7 dimensions
mpif-sizeof.h:78.41:
    Included at mpif.h:63:
    Included at xclib_utils_and_para.f90:21:

      CHARACTER, DIMENSION(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,*)::x
                                         1
Error: Array specification at (1) has more than 7 dimensions
mpif-sizeof.h:84.41:
    Included at mpif.h:63:
    Included at xclib_utils_and_para.f90:21:

      CHARACTER, DIMENSION(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,*)::x
                                         1

Using the Nvidia compilers resolved these problems but said that it was
"Unable to open MODULE" in various files, as I mentioned in my question
originally
Do you have any suggestions? I would be happy to provide any extra
information to help troubleshoot this issue.

Sincerely,
Anson
IIT Roorkee

--