[QE-users] R: bands.x output incomplete

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Tue Jul 26 14:48:44 CEST 2022

Dear Kenneth

You are using a very old version of pw.x.  For those versions wave functions were saved by default in the non-collected format, and it was possible to read them only by running the post-processing apps such as bands.x using exactly the same number of MPIs. What the error message is suggesting you is to rerun pw.x with the option wf_collected=.true. that would make the program save the data in the collected format making them readable by the post-processing in any case.

I suggest, if possible, using a more recent version of pw where this behavior has been corrected and binary data are always saved in collected formats.

Thanks for postiong your question. For the future try to avoid too large attachments. By the rule messages should not exceed a size of  200Kb.

Best regards and greetings
Pietro