[QE-users] Piezoelectric stress coefficient

龚佳怡 201805080113 at stu.cdut.edu.cn
Sun Jul 24 11:55:31 CEST 2022

Dear QE developers and users,

  Hi, I want to calculate the piezoelectric stress tensor (e.g. E333 instead of D333) using Quantum ESPRESSO code in order to verify the correctness of the dynamic quadrupole tensor. However, when I did a Google search, I didn't find what I was looking for, and all of the solutions were almost a decade or two old. As we all know, times are moving fast, and I believe QE code is evolving fast. Therefore, I would like to ask you, is there a more advanced and elegant solution to calculate the piezoelectric pressure tensor? Or can you provide a specific example of using Berry phase to calculate piezoelectric stress tensors?

 Thank you very much for your help!