[QE-users] Does QE contain any OpenMP optimization ?

Husak Michal Michal.Husak at vscht.cz
Mon Jan 31 21:01:11 CET 2022

I apology for my ignorance ...

I was using a Windows search based on following sequence:

findstr /S /M "$OMP" *.*

witch probably does not do the correct job (finding only 5 occurrence) ...

grep -R '!$omp' .  finally show me (as well as your sequence) the OpenMP optimization
in the code is massive ....

Homework for me - to find why OpenMP optimized build running on 4 CPU gives 100% identical
performance as serial builds running on 1 core.  The run of OpenMP build on 1 core is visible in task manager as well ...

Maybe my gfortran is mad :-).

Thank you for your patience ....

Michal Husak