[QE-users] TS Dispersion

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Wed Jan 19 22:38:58 CET 2022

Yes,
we are testing and comparing planewave calculations with dftb in the same
conditions (TS and MBD).
Usually I'm using the non-local vdE-df2, which, in my experience, is
working well.
But for this particular project we need TS (and MBD).
Thanks to Paolo and to you for the reply.
Carlo

Il giorno mer 19 gen 2022 alle ore 22:20 Johannes Meusburger - STFC UKRI
via users <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org> ha scritto:

> Dear Carlo,
>

> Is there any particular reason why you want to use the TS scheme?
>

> If not there are several benchmarking studies (e.g.
> https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4981528 ; https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5030493 ;
> https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icarus.2021.114611)  demonstrating that the TS
> and the D2 scheme (which works with US and PAW PP in QE) perform almost
> equally well (the D2 is often even slightly better) in modelling the
> geometry and material properties of a wide range of materials. Since TS is
> not available yet with your PP, I suggest you could just use the D2 scheme
> instead if you want to stick to the SSSP pseudopotentials.
>

> HTH Johannes
>

> Johannes Meusburger
>
> ISIS Neutron and Muon Source, Oxfordshire, UK

Prof. Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it  Tel:+39 0116707507/8
Fax: +39 0116707855      -      Dipartimento di Chimica, via
P. Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy.    http://lem.ch.unito.it/

*ICCC2020 has been postponed at 2022*

ICCC 2022 28 August - 2 September 2022, Rimini, Italy: http://www.iccc2020.com
International Conference on Coordination Chemistry (ICCC 2022)