[QE-users] Compiling without internet

Lorenzo Monacelli lorenzo.monacelli at roma1.infn.it
Fri Jan 14 12:04:45 CET 2022

Dear QE Users and developers,

I have an issue installing the last version (7.0) of QE in a cluster.
The cluster I have access to (IRENE in France) does not allow users to
fetch content from internet. However, during espresso compilation, it
tries to download external libraries and it crashes.

Up to now, I "solved" going back to a version (6.5) which does not
require to download anything during the compilation, but I now need to
run with the latest version of espresso (due to a new feature not
available in older ones) and I'm in trouble.

Does it exist an heavier source code complete that does not need to
download external libraries? Or there is a way to pre-download the
libraries in another machine and then run the compilation on the target
cluster?

Bests,

Lorenzo