[QE-users] cp.x_6.4.1 vs cp.x_7.0

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Jan 3 10:45:10 CET 2022

Dear All,

Hi.

In a Born-Oppenheimer MD run using cp.x , with CG electron_dyn, Verlet
ion_dyn, and random ion_vel, I noticed that in cp-6.4.1, the temperature
"tempp" starts from 0.0 in the first step and increases by steps, while in
cp-7.0 the tempp value is quite close to the target temperature. I wonder if
in 6.4.1 the initial velocities were randomly distributed according to
Boltzmann distribution. I did not find any doc on this change in release
notes. It seems QE-7.0 starts correctly.

I would highly appreciate any comments to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Mahmoud Payami

NSTRI, AEOI, Tehran, Iran

Email: mpayami at aeoi.org.ir