[QE-users] Defining C diamond structure cp.x

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 28 23:05:50 CET 2022

Dear Juniper,

if your long-term goal is to study warm dense matter, you want to do
molecular dynamics simulations with CP or PW in a large supercell, and
with no symmetry (ibrav=0). Of course, if you want to learn how to do
calculations (it's a long and winding road) you could practive diamond,
with ibrav=2 for fcc, and 2 atoms per unit cell.

> A GUI for converting from CIF to various QE inputs would be invaluable
> to me and I would greatly appreciate access to such a resource.
There has been one around for a while, using the ASE and pymatgen
converters - neither of them, admittedly, extensively tested (I would
trust ASE more):

https://www.materialscloud.org/work/tools/qeinputgenerator

			nicola