[QE-users] Regarding band calculations using HSE hybrid functionals

Srihari Venugopala Rao sriharivgrao2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 05:05:28 CET 2022

Dear all,
                 Currently I am working on bismuth ferrite using PBE
exchange functionals which unfortunately predicts it to be a metal (It is a
semiconductor of bandgap of about 2.67 eV).
In view of this wrong prediction, I started using hybrid functionals, I was
slightly confused about using hybrid functionals for bandgap and DOS as it
cannot be used for nscf calculation after reading the QE input file
description and watching other videos on youtube. I wanted to request if
anybody can explain the workflow for finding the bandgap and DOS using
Hybrid functionals. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Srihari N V
Research scholar