[QE-users] Why is my VC-RELAX not showing converged result?

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:35:45 CET 2022

hello,
vc-relax is done at constant fft grid, not constant kineti energy cutoff. At the end the scf is repeated with the initial cutoff, which can show some discrepancy if the calculation was not very converged, or if the initial volume was quite far from the final one. Repeat the vc-relax starting with the final cell and you should get a perfect result.

hth
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris