[QE-users] k point symmetry and open_grid.x error

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:58:49 CET 2022

In theory it should be possible to obtain what you need, but it is not
simple. The current open_grid code abuses some subroutine from the exact
exchange calculation, which apply symmetry to wave functions but do not do
any kind of k->k+G transformation to bring them inside the first unit cell.
Rewriting all the machinery (with all the special cases: spin, noncolinear,
parallelism, etc. ) would take a lot of time..

--
Lorenzo Paulatto