[QE-users] nosym=.TRUE., input k-points and CELL_PARAMETERS

KRISHNENDU MUKHERJEE krishnendu at nmlindia.org
Wed Dec 21 07:54:18 CET 2022

Dear QE community,

If I use the nosym = .TRUE. option, then should I give the input CELL_PARAMETERS also in correspondence with the input k-points. For example, if I give the input k-points that of Irreducible Brillouin Zone of FCC, should I also input the lattice CELL_PARAMETERS of that of a FCC primitive supercell, that is, for example,
2.000000 2.000000 0.000000
2.000000 0.000000 2.000000
0.000000 2.000000 2.000000
(64 atoms)

I am interested in SCF calculation of a hypothetical FCC random/disordered solid solution of type A_B.

Regards,
Krishnendu