[QE-users] the magnetic anisotropy energy

BARRETEAU Cyrille cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Thu Dec 15 14:48:05 CET 2022

Dear Imane

Each system is a bit specific and you should test the variation of MAE with respect to the number of  (scf and nscf) k-points.

nscf k-points is probably the most crucial since it involves SOC.

For a simple surface I would say that a minimum of 70x70 kpoints is necessary.

But you should really plot MAE(nk).

Please sign your posts.

Cyrille

________________________________
Cyrille Barreteau
CEA Saclay, IRAMIS, SPEC Bat. 771
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, FRANCE
+33 1 69 08 38 56 /+33  6 47 53 66 52  (mobile)
email:     cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Website:     http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/
COSMICS: making molecular spintonics reality (video)<https://youtu.be/7sadnJKS3X4>.