[QE-users] Applying assume_isolated="2D" to modified anatase surface

pdelugas at sissa.it pdelugas at sissa.it
Sat Dec 3 21:11:47 CET 2022

Hello Leon

is not very difficult, just a bit of work :-)

1. first I would conserve the chirality of the axes, so don't just
switch the first and the third columns but cycle all the 3 of them

                                         1 --> 3, 3 --> 2, 2 --> 1

2.  replace the second row of cell-parameter with  (0.00000,
modulus_second_row,  0.000000)  and third with  (0.000000,  cos (a2-a3)
* modulus_third_row, sin(a2-a3)*modulus_third_row )

     cos(a2-a3) is the cosine between the second and third rows of
CELL_PARAMETERS

3. run pw.x with this input, just until it prints the cartesian
coordinates in the  output ( its few seconds ), copy those coordinates
and put them in your input, taking care to replace also crystal with alat

4. replace the third row of cell parameters with  (0.0000, 0.0000,
9.00000) and you should have done. Better check though

hope this solves your problem

Pietro