[QE-users] Problem with Parallelization of Hp.x

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Fri Dec 2 19:23:43 CET 2022

> In regards to the DFT+U+V I was following this line from the paper "for the sake of activating the Hubbard-related machinery (in the DFT+U+V case, there is no need to initialize V, instead initialize U for O(2p)).” Does this refer to something else?

Actually this is not correct, sorry! One needs to specify at least one V to activate the DFT+U+V machinery.

> If I output each HP runs to different output directories, how would I recombine the results at the end?

You need to copy all files back to the same temporary folder and run the last step with compute_hp=.true. (Please check the exemples in the HP folder of Quantum ESPRESSO).

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Senior Research Scientist
In regards to the DFT+U+V I was following this line from the paper "for the sake of activating the Hubbard-related machinery (in the DFT+U+V case, there is no need to initialize V, instead initialize U for O(2p)).” Does this refer to something else?

If I output each HP runs to different output directories, how would I recombine the results at the end?

Best,
Jamie