[QE-users] How H2O molecule reflect DFT scf calculation at 0 Kelvin calculation

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Aug 26 15:46:03 CEST 2022

I would take out small clusters from your 10000 cells (possibly saturate
with H atoms if you cut covalent bonds), not relax (with the exception
of relaxing the extra H atoms you added to saturate), compute atomic
PDOS of the central atom(s) and verify that for increasing number of
atoms in the clusters these quantities stabilize and converge.

if a significant size dependence results you may want to play with the
environ feature (http://www.quantum-environ.org/)  to minimize boundary
effects

stefano