[QE-users] syntax of using starting_ns_eigenvalue for two different localized orbitals of the same atom

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Fri Aug 12 07:48:32 CEST 2022

It seems that the second localized orbital is treated as "background part"
and accidentally(?!) the eigenvectors of its nod-degenerate eigenvalues are
set to 1.0 !

mahmoud

From: "Mahmoud Payami Shabestari" <mpayami at aeoi.org.ir>
To: "Quantum ESPRESSO users Forum" <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 07:32:05 +0430
Subject: Re: [QE-users] syntax of using starting_ns_eigenvalue for two
different localized orbitals of the same atom

Dear Stefano,

Hi.
Thank you for your detailed explanation for the Fe case.
However, suppose the Hubbard atom is Ce, "[Xe]6s2 4f1 5d1" with two
localized incomplete orbitals of Ce-4f and Ce-5d. Then how can one specify
the starting_ns_eigenvalue for both of them with l=3 and l=2?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
mahmoud