[QE-users] syntax of using starting_ns_eigenvalue for two different localized orbitals of the same atom

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Aug 11 21:19:56 CEST 2022

suppose your Hubbard atom of type 1 is an Fe ( U on 3d orbitals)..., then

starting_ns_eigenvalue(3,1,1)=1.0  overwrites the third eigenvalue of
the occupations with spin=1 (up) to 1.0

starting_ns_eigenvalue(4,1,1)=0.3 overwrites the forth eigenvalue of the
occupations with spin=1 (up) to 0.3

starting_ns_eigenvalue(5,2,1)=0.0 overwrites the fifth eigenvalue of the
occupations with spin=2 (dw) to 0.0

the other elements are left unchanged.

In general at the first iteration the code computes the occupation
matrix ns, diagonalizes it, overwrites the eigenvalues if required in
input and then calculates the output ns matrix from the (overwritten)
eigenvalue decomposition.

if you specify more starting_ns_eigenvalue lines for a given atomic type
the code will apply all of them independently

stefano