[QE-users] different eigenvalues results for PW/example08 in QE7.1 and QE6.7

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Thu Aug 11 12:33:10 CEST 2022

In example08, after the 1st iteration the eigenvalues are:

spin  1
    eigenvalues:
  0.987  0.987  0.997  0.997  0.999
spin  2
    eigenvalues:
  0.200  0.200  0.335  0.335  0.384

The non-degenerate eigenvalue is the 5th one (spin 2) and not the 3rd one. That's why in QE7.1 it was corrected to the 5th one while in QE6.7 it was not correct. I presume that in the old versions of the code it was the 3rd one, but then since the code evolves a lot, there were some changes and the example was not updated.

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV
Senior Research Scientist