[QE-users] WFs confined within the unit-cell

EMANUEL ALBERTO MARTINEZ emanuelm at ucm.es
Mon Aug 1 18:37:38 CEST 2022

Dear Nicola,
thanks a lot for the detailed reply and the references you gave me.
Specifically, I'm dealing with the creation of very large slab Hamiltonians
within the formalism shown in the WannierTools paper,
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2017.09.033. So, I wonder if this way of
creating the slab Hamiltonians is always valid. By repeating your original
MLWF TB along one direction and whenever the MLWFs are well-within the unit
cell it certainly works, but if the localization surpasses the unit-cell it
could be no longer valid, right? Maybe in that case, to follow the same
steps shown the paper you need a supercell before as a starting point to
create the slab. Does my question make sense? I hope I was clear enough to
point out the doubt.

Thanks in advance